Do you want to be like MacGyver?
MacGyver Entrepreneurship combines the tinkerer’s idea with the idea of entrepreneurship. The aim is to promote students’ creativity and to enable them to develop new holistic ideas and solutions through teamwork. Students are to develop a prototype based on an e-scooter during the semester using limited resources. The prototype will be presented to an expert jury during the final event. In addition, the teams must create a 3-minute pitch video. The best idea will be awarded.
Design a prototype as further development of the provided e-scooter.
Description of the task
First of all, become familiar with the Moovi e-scooter (e.g. driving experience, technical specifications). Identify several socio-economic problems, from which you will develop technical optimisation proposals, taking into account the entrepreneurship approach and socio-economic aspects. Next, develop a prototype using the available resources. The basic prerequisite is that the implemented idea must be innovative and satisfy specific customer needs.
The subtasks are:
- Problem identification
- Development of solution approaches
- Development of a prototype
- Development a business model
Following ressources will be provided to the teams:
- An e-Scooter by Moovi
- Materials, which are procured via the Entrepreneurship Hub
- Voucher for work at Protohaus
- Own materials (reimbursement of costs is not possible)
- The infrastructure of the Protohaus
- Knowledge (Entrepreneurship Hub + external coach)
The jury pays particular attention to the following criteria, among others:
- Added value
- Technical possibility of implementation
- Economic feasibility
- Degree of innovation
- Degree of inventiveness
Flyer (in German)
Due to the current situation, MacGyver Entrepreneurship has been cancelled for the summer term 2020